Want a easy go to pizza dough recipe that’s family friendly, easy to make, cheaper than rubbish take away pizza and so much tastier?
Pizza dough can be as easy or as complicated as you want to make it. Here I will talk about a basic recipe that tastes great and is able to be used only a short while after making it. Our family love it for a quick pizza fix.
- 750g strong bread flour or caputo pizzeria flour if you have it
- 450g water(bottled if possible or straight from tap)
- 15g salt
- 7g instant dried yeast packet
- Dissolve the salt into the water by hand in a large mixing bowl
- Add the instant yeast and stir then leave for a couple of minutes
- Slowly add the flour until all mixed by hand then turn out onto a floured worktop
- Knead for 8-10 mins until you can push a finger into the dough and it springs back.
- Place into a clean bowl and cover with a tea towel and place somewhere warm until doubled in size.
- Once doubled in size cut into lemon size pieces 180g-200g and shape into balls then leave covered to rise at room temperature for 2 hours
- For cooking in a fan oven preheat your oven to as hot as it goes and place in either a baking stone or a standard baking tray
- You can roll out with a rolling pin or stretch by hand to make 9-10″ pizzas
- Toppings- Less is more with pizzas do not overload with too many just a few will be amazing.
- Place onto baking tray or stone and cook until cheese is bubbling and base is cooked through then enjoy on its own or with a side salad.