In our house we LOVE to bake! Me and the kids bake everything from bread to cookies to cakes. Not everything look perfect like in a shop but it tastes amazing and so much fun. This is our easy Butterscotch brownie recipe for you to follow:
- 450g White Chocolate (chocolate chips is easier if you can get them)
- 75g Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 175g Light Brown Sugar
- 175g Self-Raising Flour
- 175g Raisins or Chopped nuts (which ever you prefer)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C, Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking parchment.
- Chop up the white chocolate into small chunks and place 100g of it with the butter into a heat proof bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of boiling water until the chocolate and butter have melted (stirring gently), Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl with the sugar and beat until light and foamy then whisk in the melted chocolate and butter mixture.
- Sift the flour and fold into the mixture, add the vanilla extract, the raisins (or Nuts) and the rest of the white chocolate.
- Spread the mixture into your baking tin evenly and bake for 35-40 minutes until risen and brown.
- Leave to cool then cut into 12 equal pieces.
This is great served cold as a snack/ treat or warm with custard, cream or ice cream as a pudding the choice is yours.